Fruit and BerriesFreezing

Freezing Cooked Figs

Can you freeze cooked filling for fig cookies?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Yes, you can. Put them in an airtight container or freezer bag.

Of course you can freeze the cooked/baked fig cookies in baggies or freezer containers. But you seem to be talking about freezing your filling before placing it in dough for baking(?)
This may be possible and also may be safe but I am not sure about the consistency of the filling when it is thawed. sometimes this type of filling will be "watery" when thawed so why not try a small amount in your freezer and let the balance of your filling rest in your refrigerator until you can check it out?

Perhaps you cannot finish your cookies today but the filling should/would be safe for a few days if kept very cold in your refrigerator.
Perhaps someone who has tried freezing filling like this will be able to answer your question more accurately.

Yes, you can, as long as they are cooked and sealed well.

Are you referring to cookies or cooked filling?

Sure you can! Just don't leave them in the freezer forever. Airtight containers are best and put a date on them. I wouldn't leave them longer than six months.

Cookies should be stored in an airtight containers (recommended a shallow one so they don't get crushed or in a freezer ziploc bag.

This is a great guide to reference: http://www.thek  he-kitchn-213638

Please can you explain a little more. It seems that most everyone is saying yes you can but all seem to be referring to baked COOKIES and from what I am reading from your question is that you are asking about cooked FILLING and not a baked cookie.
If you ARE asking about JUST COOKED FILLING then I still wonder about the consistency of the filling when it thaws.
How do you put cooked filling (NOT cookies) in baggies - I guess you could but laying it flat to freeze? Maybe in a container? What will it be when thawed?

You can always freeze your fig filling in your freezer. Put the filling in an airtight freezer bag and mark the date on the bag. I would recommend leaving this in your freezer for more than 1 year.

Okay - I really wondered about this so I made some filling and put it in a freezer container (no cookie dough and not baked - just ready to make cookies).
I left it in freezer for 2 days and when it thawed it was a watery mush - but maybe I did not leave it in the freezer long enough?

I'm really curious as I usually have a lot of figs and I would like to be able to freeze some filling for later so I guess I will have to try again later. I do freeze fresh figs but many times I have softer figs that will not freeze well and often have to discard so I am hoping this will work.