Freezing Squash

How do I freeze squash?

By Shirley from Magna, UT

My husband and I wash & cut our squash, then you must blanch it for three to five minutes in boiling water (get the boil going first). We then lay it flat on a cookie sheet and put in freezer. After it freezes, I put it in bag I made with my Foodsaver sealer or a Ziplock bag (make sure you get the air out), date it and place it back in the freezer. I have used it in soups and fried it.

Now when you fry it, it may be a bit soggy from thawing, so what I do is after I batter them I fry them in layers, side by side like you would fry green tomatoes, so that it will be ''fried'' and not limp.