French Onion Meatballs

This is a wildly popular recipe in a neighborhood food group I belong to. I used ground turkey, fresh parsley from my garden instead of the thyme, chopped onions I had frozen previously, and Swiss cheese instead of the pricey Gruyere.

With all the changes, it was still a fantastic meal.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: I hour

Yield: 4

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and rub with oil.
  2. Advertisement

3. Make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, Gruyère, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Form into 16 meatballs, then place on prepared baking sheet and bake until golden and cooked through, 25 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile make sauce: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and cook until very soft and golden, 25 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add broth and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until slightly thickened, 10 minutes.
  5. Advertisement

6. Add meatballs to skillet and sprinkle with Gruyère. Cover and cook until meatballs are warmed through and cheese is melty, 5 minutes. Serve warm, garnished with thyme.

You're making me hungry!!! That looks so good, thank you for sharing!!

Amazing Recipe

Do you know that we are not allowed anymore to call the french Gruyère "Gruyère" only the swiss cheese can be called Gruyère. The french equivalent is Emmental now. The official swiss Gruyère is expensive but it is true that it takes more time to make it than the french Emmental and the swiss Gruyère is much more tasty.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesNovember 3, 2020
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/French-Onion-Meatballs.html