Fresh Fish Tacos
I've heard a lot of people mention they don't like fish tacos because they're mushy and none of the flavours stand out as much as other meat tacos. Here is a way to make them crisp and refreshing. Using only coleslaw and salsa as accompaniments really helps the fish stand out. I've added a link to my Mexican Coleslaw recipe below, but you could use any type.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Link: Mexican Coleslaw Recipe
- 6 ounces fresh fish fillet
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 1 lime
- 6 small tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup coleslaw
- Completely coat both sides of fish in cornmeal.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook for about 4 minutes per side until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cut into segments and drizzle with fresh lime juice.
- Put some coleslaw onto each tortilla, then top with some fish. Drizzle with salsa and serve immediately.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.