Fresh Fish Tacos
I've heard a lot of people mention they don't like fish tacos because they're mushy and none of the flavours stand out as much as other meat tacos. Here is a way to make them crisp and refreshing. Using only coleslaw and salsa as accompaniments really helps the fish stand out. I've added a link to my Mexican Coleslaw recipe below, but you could use any type.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Link: Mexican Coleslaw Recipe
- 6 ounces fresh fish fillet
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 1 lime
- 6 small tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup coleslaw
- Completely coat both sides of fish in cornmeal.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook for about 4 minutes per side until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cut into segments and drizzle with fresh lime juice.
- Put some coleslaw onto each tortilla, then top with some fish. Drizzle with salsa and serve immediately.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!