Fresh Fruit Jam

Today I bought one stick of rhubarb. I chopped it and boiled it in a tiny drop of water, so it could make its own juices. I emptied the dregs of my jar of marmalade into the pan, cooked for a few minutes, then put it all back into the jam jar. It occurred to me that I could have put the fresh fruit straight into the jam jar and cooked it all in the microwave.

Also, if I buy a new jar of jam, I divide it into four jars, fill with freshly cooked fruit of the day, especially the last of something seasonal (i.e., last pear, grapes, or even bananas with apples). A bit like grown up baby food in jars.

By joanfry from Europe

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsMay 30, 2011
🐰
🍀
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fresh-Fruit-Jam.html