Fried Fish Drops
Leftovers! So many of them inside my fridge, that I'm making a new recipe innovation. I call these fish drops literally because its made of fish that is dropped into boiling oil.
- leftover fish, flaked
- 2 boiled potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion (chopped and divided into 2 parts)
- 1 garlic bulb (chopped and divided into 2 parts)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Tbsp vinegar with 1 pc chili
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place fish, chopped potatoes, half of the chopped onion and garlic, some salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Drop potato pieces gradually.
- Break the egg and turn on the blender.
- Blend for about 2-3 minutes. Add some water if necessary. Continue blending for another minute or until a fine mixture is achieved.
- Transfer mixture in a bowl and gradually fold in the flour.
- Add grated cheese for some more flavor.
- Mix well and place everything in a pastry bag.
- Make small drops of the mixture in a boiling oil. Cook until golden brown.
- In a saucepan, put altogether the ketchup, sugar, the other half of chopped onion and garlic and 2-3 pinches of salt.
- Add the vinegar with red chili and the water.
- Simmer the sauce until thick.
- Now the fish drops are ready to serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.