Fruit Cocktail Jell-O
This is one of our favorite dishes to keep on hand in the refrigerator. There's always room for Jell-O. It can be used as a salad served with mayonnaise or cottage cheese or as a dessert served with whipped cream. It's so good, it really does not need a topping.
Total Time: 30 minutes to prepare and 3-4 hours to congeal.
Yield: 9-12 servings
- 2 15 oz. cans fruit cocktail
- 1 large box (6 oz.) Cherry Jell-O
- Drain fruit cocktail and save the juice. Add 2 cups of boiling water to Jell-O and stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add 1 cup of fruit cocktail juice and 3/4 cup cold water. Stir well.
- Cool Jell-O until slightly congealed. I use a quick method by placing the Jell-O in a medium mixing bowl and then placing the bowl into a large mixing bowl with ice and water. It takes 10-15 minutes for a soft congeal. I test it by putting a piece of fruit cocktail in the Jell-O and if it does not float, it is ready to add the remainder of fruit cocktail.
- Add fruit cocktail and pour into 2 quart dish. Chill 3-4 hours or until firm.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.