Jello (Gelatin) Salad Recipes

Category Jello
There are so many variations of jello salad, that it is easy to find a new one for your next dessert. This page has several variations of the classic jello salad.

This page contains Jello vegetable salad recipes. Jello is a great medium for vegetable salad ingredients.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains sugar free Jello salad recipes. Even if you are dieting to lose weight or eating a restricted sugar diet, you can still enjoy Jello salads.

This page contains chicken gelatin salad recipes. A cold, savory salad can have a firm texture with the addition of gelatin.

This page contains jello fruit salad recipes. Gelatin fruit salads make wonderful additions or desserts for many meals.

Love the raspberry sherbet in this recipe!

Dissolve jello in boiling water. Drain pineapple well, reserving the juice. Adding enough water to pineapple juice to make 3/4's cup of liquid. Stir in mixture.

I am looking for a recipe that my mother in law made. It had (I think) lime Jello, nuts, cream cheese, and pineapple and she would call it green salad. It was wonderful and she would put it in a mold with the cherries on top. It was always a holiday tradition. Please help, my daughter who is now in college wishes she had some of her granny's green salad. Granny has since passed away.

Karen from Summerville, SC

Answers:

Jello "Green Salad" Recipe

I think I have the salad recipe that you are looking for and my son calls it green salad as well, and it's his favorite too.

This is how I fix mine. Use 1 can of 7-Up, heated on stove in medium pot, then add 10 to 12 large, marshmallows until melted. Next, add 1can crushed pineapple,1 pkg.cream cheese, and 1 small pkg lime Jello. Mix until all ingredients are mixed well. Pour into a mold or glass dish, let set a few minutes, then add 1/2 bowl of cool whip and 2tbs. mayo.

You may also add nuts or cherries at this time if you like. Then put it in fridge to set.
Sometimes I add cherries on top of mine after it has set. I use red and green cherries for Christmas.
Hope this is what you are looking for.

(11/13/2006)

By Teresa

Jello "Green Salad" Recipe

Here is a recipe from the net:

Cream Cheese Jello Dessert

• 1 pkg. lemon/lime Jello
  • 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
  • 1 lb. can crushed pineapple
  • 1 c. chopped nuts
  • 1/2 pt. frozen whipped topping

Dissolve Jello in 1 cup hot water. Add 1 cup juice from pineapple. Mix cream cheese, pineapple, and nuts. Then add to Jello, add topping, and blend together all ingredients. Place in mold or dish and chill until set.

Looks good.

(11/13/2006)

By Timmie

Jello "Green Salad" Recipe

Lime Walnut Salad:

• 1 regular size package lime Jello
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 can crushed pineapple
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts

Dissolve Jello in boiling water add all other ingredients can be poured in mold at this point. Let set in fridge until set. This is a very old recipe, but very good. (11/13/2006)

By Mary Ann

Jello "Green Salad" Recipe

The one the cafeterias in TX makes has only lime Jello, a small can crushed pineapple, 1/2 pt. small curd cottage cheese, and 1/2 C. finely chopped pecans (that's PE-CAHNS, NOT PEE-CANS! lol) all turned in together then chilled, and nothing else. It's simple and great tasting, a favorite of all guests. The cottage cheese provides the creamy color, the Jello and pineapple gives tartness/sugar/flavor, and the nuts the crunch. There's no celery, Cool Whip, cherries, or 7-Up in ours. God bless and enjoy. : ) (11/13/2006)

By Lynda

Jello "Green Salad" Recipe

• 1 large pkg. lime Jello
  • 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
  • 1 can crushed pineapple
  • 1/2 c. chopped nuts
  • 1 small jar diced pimentos (drained)

Dissolve Jello in 1 cup boiling water. Add cream cheese to Jello and water to soften and mix well. Add 1 cup juice from pineapple. Add pineapple, pimento, and nuts. Then add to Jello, blend together all ingredients. Place in mold or dish and chill until set.
My mom always used chopped walnuts. I am allergic to nuts so I now omit them from my recipe.

We always had this during the holidays, it was always a special treat. (11/14/2006)

By Marilyn Fisher

Jello "Green Salad" Recipe

Great grandmother called it Lime Congealed Salad. It has walnuts, cream cheese, marshmallows and lime Jello in it. You can or don't need to put it in a mold, a simple 8 X 12 glass dish will work well. Just cut into squares.

Recipe:

• 3/4 cup hot water
  • 1-8 oz pkg cream cheese
  • 1-med can crushed pineapple
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 1- large package lime jello
  • 14 large marshmallows or 140 small ones
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts

Combine water, Jello, cream cheese, and marshmallows in sauce pan and heat until all ingredients have melted. Combine pineapple, mayo, milk, and nuts in a bowl. Add melted ingredients, mix well and pour into pan or mold and chill. (12/24/2008)

By Mike K.

• 2 cup cranberries
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 pkg. raspberry gelatin (3oz.)
  • 1 can mandarin oranges

Directions:

Cook cranberries in boiling water until soft. Add sugar and dissolve. Add gelatin; when cool, add 1 can mandarin oranges (drained) and chopped celery, if desired. Refrigerate.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Cranberry Jello Salad

Sounds good. I can't eat cranberry sauce because I'm diabetic. I'm going to make this tonight with sugar-free sweetner. Thanks. (11/25/2009)

By Maya Lee

Wash cranberries and put cranberries and marshmallows through food processor, add sugar and undrained pineapple, and let stand about 2 hours.