FruitRecipes

Fruit Kabobs and Dip

I offered to bring either an appetizer or dessert to a baby shower. I always like to bring something healthy, so I thought fresh fruit. Thinking what can I do with the fruit that would be different and pink, so this is what I did. It was fun to make, a bit time consuming, but a beautiful presentation!

1. Use a large wide deep pan for a double boiler. Fill half full of water. Use only a stainless steel or glass bowl. Add both bags of white chocolate chips in the bowl. Bring the water to a boil and lower to a simmer.
  2. Keep stirring until the chocolate starts melting and becomes smooth. Add a drop at a time of red food coloring until you get the color pink you like. Stir in well.
  3. I used a large sheet cake pan, I poured all the pink chocolate into the pan spreading it evenly.
  4. I laid out all 40 skewers, rolling them in the chocolate until coated. I took each one out and stood them in a stainless steel cup to harden.
  5. When all were done, I washed the pan, dried, covered it with plastic wrap and lightly spray oiled. Took each skewer and laid it on the pan.
  6. I took 1 of each fruit, two half strawberries and 2 pink candies.
  7. And started building my kabobs. I found it was easiest to put the harder fruit on first, then the more fragile fruit last. Ending with strawberries on each end and lastly a pink candy on each end.

Fruit Dip

1. Add yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, and vanilla in a bowl.
  2. Mix with an electric mixer all ingredients. Tint it pink by a drop at a time until you get the color you like.
  3. I put this on an oval glass platter, that was not flat, (reason, it gave the fruit a space beneath for any water draining from the fruit) It worked! Display with the fruit dip in the middle! The presentation was beautiful for the Baby Girl Shower!

Food and Recipes Recipes FruitOctober 2, 2019
🎃