Fruit and Nut Raw Pie
This is a great pie recipe for those who are gluten free, sugar free, and raw/vegan. It is marvelously delicious! The only downside is that the high nut content means it is NOT low calorie or low fat. It can be expensive, but in many ways it is better than the real thing, and safe for all those wanting to avoid processed ingredients and added sugar.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes to set in freezer
Total Time: 1.5 hours
Source: I may have gotten this from somewhere but I have long forgotten. I've been making this, and variations of it, for years
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup tahini, almond butter, or peanut butter
- 1 lb frozen berries (could be fresh)
- 2 mangos or other fruit as wanted
- 2 Tbsp molasses, honey or maple syrup
- 1 lb pecans, almonds or other nuts (hopefully raw/unsalted)
- 1 cup other nuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 pie dish
- 1 Vitamix blender or food processor
- To make crust: put 1 lb of nuts in food processor. Blend until small crumbs or flakes occur. Line bottom of pie dish with the nut mixture. Set aside.
- For filling add all fruit (frozen banana, fruit, etc) and sweetener and tahini/nut butter into food processor. Blend until liquid.
- Pour over nut mixture.
- Sprinkle coconut and other nuts on top. Put into freezer for 30 minutes. It's best when served slightly frozen. Remaining unused pie should be stored in freezer, but thawed 30 - 45 minutes before serving.
- This pie filling recipe does not stand alone without freezing. For a pie with more solid filling, gelatin can be added to the base. In order to do that, make clear flavorless gelatin as usual, then add to fruit mix in the blender. Collagen powder supplement works as well.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!