I never knew how to make pudding until my sister-in-law gave me several packs of pudding mix from Germany. I had wondered how to cook it, but never really knew how, since the package directions are written in German. I didn't have the time to google search recipes, so I tried my best to make use of the pudding mix in my own way.
The result looked and taste just like our traditional desert called "maja blanca". It tasted better than I expected.
- 1 can (300 gram) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 pack vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (270 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- Mix milk, water and sugar together. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Divide the mixture into two.
- Use one part of the milk mixture to dilute 1 pack of vanilla pudding mix.
- Simmer the other part of milk mixture over medium heat.
- Add the pudding to the milk.
- Stir the mixture until thick.
- Add in half of the fruit cocktail. Set aside the remaining half for the top.
- Continue stirring until desired consistency is achieved.
- Pour into container or you can use gelatine mold. Allow to cool for about 3 minutes.
- Top your pudding with remaining fruit cocktail and grated cheese.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours (do not put in the freezer).
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!