Fudge Not Setting?

So I was making my fudge recipe that calls for 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup milk, 3/4 cup peanut butter, and a tsp vanilla. Well I accidentally doubled the peanut butter, but not the rest of the ingredients and the fudge is not hardening. Can I fix it?

Some people claim they can fix this by just adding in the rest of the ingredients and recooking it, but I have found this makes the fudge very grainy (big yuck).

I bet it tastes amazing as it is. Why not just use it as is as a topping for ice cream, pound cake, or to dip apples?

It's like making lemonade from lemons...you make dip/sauce from runny fudge! This is my solution because I don't like wasting ingredients and never had luck with any fixes.

It's been a few years, but for a while I was intentionally making a Hershey dark chocolate fudge recipe wrong and using it as ice cream sauce. Why did I stop? Let's just say, it became a bit of an addiction and I went up a pants size because of it :) It was that good!

I would not try to fix it. You can use it to make frosting, use it to make sandwich cookies or a fruit dip.

This is not an easy fix because the other ingredients were cooked before and recooking them again will make them horrible. I do not think you have any other option but to start over again. I wished there was a way to fix recipes like this but there really isn't.

This would be hard to fix, maybe use as a topping for something else! Good luck!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesDecember 6, 2019
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fudge-Not-Setting-2.html