Fudge Not Setting Up

I am making old fashioned fudge. A penuche recipe. I let the syrup cool to 110 degrees and stir. But as the fudge cools down it does not lose its shine and remains more like a caramel like substance. I can't tell if I am over or undercooking it? Is it possible to get caramel like candy at 234 degrees or so?

Any pointers? I do the soft ball stage and all seems to be fine, but I get glossy caramel instead. I'm pretty sure I am over cooking, but not sure? Please help.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Make sure your fudge was heated up enough in the first place. Here is a good article to help you: https://www.lea  hat-is-too-soft/

ONe easy thing to do seems to be, to harden too-soft fudge, you need to reheat and re-beat the fudge to get it to the right consistency.

Thanks for the tip, this worked like a charm