Fudge Not Setting Up

I am making old fashioned fudge. A penuche recipe. I let the syrup cool to 110 degrees and stir. But as the fudge cools down it does not lose its shine and remains more like a caramel like substance. I can't tell if I am over or undercooking it? Is it possible to get caramel like candy at 234 degrees or so?

Any pointers? I do the soft ball stage and all seems to be fine, but I get glossy caramel instead. I'm pretty sure I am over cooking, but not sure? Please help.

Make sure your fudge was heated up enough in the first place. Here is a good article to help you: https://www.lea  hat-is-too-soft/

ONe easy thing to do seems to be, to harden too-soft fudge, you need to reheat and re-beat the fudge to get it to the right consistency.

Thanks for the tip, this worked like a charm