Garlic Butter Recipes

Having ready made garlic butter (margarine really) on hand is a staple in our house. It's practical, easy and cheap to make, and can be kept in the fridge for a month or more, ready for whenever it's needed. I've used it to make garlic bread and as an add-in to mashed potatoes or steamed veggies. Once I used it as a rub over a leg of lamb with crushed rosemary mixed in and that was wonderful.

I use Becel margarine, but any kind of margarine will do I suppose, and when the container is 2/3 empty I spoon in a heaping teaspoon of minced garlic and half a teaspoon of dried parsley flakes. Whip it together with a fork and you're done. I put in the parsley to keep it looking different from the regular margarine used for toast, etc.
I don't think garlic and jam would go together too well. LOL I have a piece of masking tape on the top of the lid clearly marked "garlic butter".

Several of my friends have adopted this tip and they too are pleased to use such a simple homemade garlic spread.

3 More Solutions

Microwave the margarine until it's soft enough that you can easily stir it with a wooden spoon. Pour entire contents of garlic into margarine and mix well then place back in refrigerator. Margarine will harden back up and you'll have enough garlic butter easily for a month.

Keep on hand for assorted recipes or to use for quick flavoring of veggies, meats, plain pasta, or bread.

Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsDecember 24, 2014
😷
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Garlic-Butter-Recipes.html