Gas Burner Ignition Only Has Yellow Flame

I ignited my gas burner, but only the yellow flames are appearing. Normally you'll have yellow and blue flames igniting at the same time. So how do I fix it?

Best Answer

This is most definitely a problem you cannot sort out yourself. You need to contact the people that supply your gas. They will send an engineer. It's very dangerous to mess about with either gas or electric if not qualified.
( My brother used to fix boilers etc and I know from him not to try to fix anything yourself.)
Best of luck.
Monique

Before you rush to call in an expensive expert, perhaps check that the total unit is clean. A thorough clean of the burners can sometimes remedy this.

That is what I was going to suggest as well. I have a gas stove and sometimes it gets clogged around the holes where the flames emit.

If that doesn't work, then I would call someone.

Anonymous

Do you know how to clean yhe burners?

I googled this and found that "A yellow burner flame means the burner is not getting enough air." It sounds like maybe there's corrosion or debris on the part where the flame comes out. I'd check that out ASAP. Gas needs to be taken seriously!! Hope this helps.

The air shutter needs to be adjusted. A yellow flame means that there is not enough air. You may or may not be able to adjust this yourself.