Getting Another Puppy After Losing One to Parvo?

I lost my 3 month old puppy last month. We don't know the reason. He puked blood and died. I think it may have been parvo, now that I've researched so much about it. But the problem is it's been one month since he died and now we brought this other puppy home. He had his first shot. How do I prevent him from getting parvo? We haven't used any bleach yet to clean our house and yard because we didn't know it was parvo. Please help I can't lose another companion.

Best Answer

Safe guarding a pup from parvo.

Step 1
Disinfect everything with bleach right away.

Step 2
Make sure to have all shots for the pup.

Step 3
If your other dog used the back yard do not let him out there the parvo virus can live up to a year out there.

Step 4
Throw out collars,toys etc anything from the other pup.

Step 5
Good luck and sorry for the loss of your puppy.

I wouldnt waste any time in disinfecting the house with a diluted bleach solution. Ask your vet for other suggestions to protect this dog.

The vets are pretty much a waste of time and money. Took one of my puppies to the vet and he died after spending hundreds of dollars, the other dog was treated at home and survived.

Bleach is the best solution to kill Parvo in your yard and home.

I think Coville123 is right about disinfecting the house and yard. If you can avoid any areas the 1st puppy used until puppy number 2 has all his parvo vaccinations. You need to ask your current Vet for any suggestions he may have. Watch the new puppy for any signs of listlessness or vomiting/diarrhea or going off his food. If you see any of these signs get him to your Vet right away. The sooner his treatment begins the more likely he will survive. So sorry you are going through this. Best of luck.

Pets Dogs HealthDecember 19, 2017
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Another-Puppy-After-Losing-One-to-Parvo.html