Getting Coupons in the Mail

My computer can't download coupons and I have a big family and I like to shop and save. Can you please help me with some addresses that I can write or call.

By Mona from Washington, NC

I had a similar problem in the States and tried contacting my favourite brands to see if they had a mailing list. They didn't and suggested I buy my local Sunday newspaper for coupon inserts.

That worked, but what really worked was using the library computers once or twice a week to print out coupons. At the time the cost per page (colour, as some coupons state the printing must be in colour) was $.30. B/W print offs were cheaper @$.25 per.

That cost may have gone up; at the time (last done in 2010) I only printed off coupons that made the cost of printing worthwhile, so obviously the coupon had to be worth more than the printing cost. More often than not the coupon was worth $.50 and $1.00 so I did find it worth the trouble to go to the library and print from there especially if a double coupon week was coming up for items I wanted to buy.

Also, I've noticed (my son still lives in the US) that nowadays most chains with loyalty cards have an option to load the coupon onto your card - swipe or scan the card at check-out and the discounts are automatically deducted. Kroger and CVS are the two I'm thinking of.

Some sites insist you download their "printing app" to finalize the process. I always decline inviting their spies into my browsing.