Getting Rid of Ants

I have these little ants, so small I can hardly see them. They seem to be red in color. They are all around my house and occasionally get inside. I am using some poison, but it just seems to move them around. Any good solutions to getting rid of them altogether?

By Darrell

Best Answer

Sprinkle Borax.

Best Answer

Mix 1 Tbsp. hot water, 1 Tbsp. honey, and 1/2 tsp of borax. I mixed mine in a jar. Dip a cotton ball in the mix, and place on a lid-I cut the bottom of a yogurt cup. Place in problem areas, if you have a terrible ant problem place at entry points, as well. I got rid of ants in 24 hours, and have not seen another one in over two months.

Another thing I read said to sprinkle cornmeal near ant hills; the ants will take it back and they can't digest it, and die.
*Be aware Borax is poisonous to humans and animals* I looked it up once, and the amount you use in the above mixture should not harm a medium to large dog.

Best Answer

I have a post in tips that we just started using and works! I think its in last week's tip contest. I read an article at my Dr. office went home tried it. Amazed! Now my BF daughter is using it also and no more problems.

Chalk, yes any kind ,color of chalk. Just draw a line around window sills,doors where ever they are getting in. They will not cross over the chalk line. If you have pets you can draw a line around the bowl, they won't cross over it.
A ThriftyFun member put feedback, I learned it is the way ants breath. The powder can't be tolerated. With chalk no harmful toxins left behind and how easy to just redraw a line if needed. Good luck and try this, works well.

Best Answer

90% karo syrup, about 10% 20 mule team borax warmed just enough to dissolve - in a squirt bottle. Squirt into cracks and areas pets cannot lick. ants may take a week for the ant workers to lap it up and carry back to home and queen. Queens live up to 20 years. You want the whole thing killed off as queen produces many more queens.