Getting Rid of Bats in the Attic

How do I chase away bats from the attic?

By abettere from NC

Answers:

Getting Rid of Bats in the Attic

You may want to contact your local municipal government. They should be able to help you get rid of them. Remember bats are great, outside, they catch a lot of insects that cause you to itch. However, in the attic is not good. Their feces can cause breathing difficulties. Once you have them removed you will have to patch up the holes where they are getting in, or you'll just be doing it again. They can get in through a very tiny hole. But again, check with your local municipality to get local help. (08/04/2009)

By quiltmum

Getting Rid of Bats in the Attic

I live on the water. I have bats in the attic. I love them. I love going out at dusk and dawn and watch them fly above all the trees. I may buy some bat houses and deter them from the attic. They are good for eating insects. (08/05/2009)

By lorraina

Getting Rid of Bats in the Attic

You don't chase them away. They may have rabies. Call animal control and tell them you have bats and they will either take care of your problem or at least tell you what to do. Good luck. (08/06/2009)

By grannygirl

Getting Rid of Bats in the Attic

Thank you all. I have called my local animal control office and got some advice, among which was building a bat house or waiting for them to go out and seal up their entrances. (08/08/2009)

By abettere

Yes bats are helpful, no not in your house....my dad just went through this after having them invade his attic for the past several years, coming back and having babies every June then leaving. Because the winter was so mild, they migrated back early and arrived in April....a huge colony making a big mess in the walls. The only way is to get an exterminator who will remove them humanly and block off their entrance way. Took us years to get him to do this but so far it has worked.