Getting Rid of Fleas in a Toddler's Hair

Category Fleas
Children can pick up fleas from infested pets. This is a guide about getting rid of fleas in a toddler's hair.

My daughter got fleas from my mom cats when they were infested (all but one has been treated now). The one cat not treated yet, keeps scratching herself open, so she can't be treated until the sores heal. Otherwise it could get in to her blood stream and poison her. I keep trying to pick them off, but her hair is so thick that it is very hard to get them unless they are at the hairline.

I need a shampoo recipe that I can quickly make at home to help her. Before someone says to make sure it is fleas and not lice, my daughter is only 19 months old and not in daycare. No one else in the house was exposed to lice so, I know it is fleas. I vacuum multiple times a day, and we keep the house as clean as possible. Please share a recipe to help my daughter, please!

By Deedra A

Answers

Best Answer

I would use Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth on your daughter's hair and on your cat at the same time. It is safe for humans and animals.

And it works. My dog and I had fleas and also my carpet. This worked like a charm. I had to use it twice. Use a lot of it. I guarantee it will work. Vaccum every other day for 2 weeks. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

It's a recipe for pets as well as humans.

1/2 cup of cider vinegar
1/2 cup of Dawn dish soap
1/2 cup of water

Mix together, then saturate hair being mindful of avoiding eyes. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, then rinse well with warm water. That should do it!

Anonymous
Best Answer

Make a paste of baking soda and water. Rub this into her ahir and scalp. Leave it on for 10 minutes nnd rinse thoroughly. Then towel dry

Best Answer

You can also use baby shampoo it kills fleas. I use it on my dogs so if it gets in their eyes it won't burn.

Best Answer

Dawn dish soap nightly. Mane and Tail conditioner.

Leave Dawn in her hair during bath. Rinse. Condition. Works great leaves hair super soft. Good luck.