Getting Rid of Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle can be very difficult to get rid of once established in your yard or garden. This is a guide about getting rid of honeysuckle.

I have a huge amount of Tecomaria Capensis in my yard to kill. What is an eco-friendly way to get rid of it?

By Dee

Answers

If you don't want to use roundup....did a hole to expose the roots, then add in a mixture of boiling water, rock salt and vinegar into the hole on to the exposed roots.

I also go with vinegar and hand pulling. Roundup kills everything.

Will rock salt work to kill honeysuckle vines? I have livestock fencing that I need to eradicate this from. I have read that salt will kill it. As this is a fence row, I am not concerned with planting it. It is approximately 1/4 acre of fencing and I am looking for a cost effective and animal friendly way of getting rid of this. It is a 5 foot high fence of galvanized wire with 4 inch squares, that has been stretched between locust posts. It's a pricey fence that I do not want destroyed by this vine.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks.

By Debbie

Answers

It might. You might also try some straight vinegar.