Getting Rid of Skunk Odor in Apartment

I need your help. There are a family of skunks living under my front steps. The other night like 3 am, I was awakened by a disgusting skunk odor. Here it is three days later and inside the entire apartment still stinks of skunk odor. I have tried shampooing carpets with Nature's Miracle, and washing all curtains and furniture coverings. Nothing has helped. My clothes don't smell of it nor does my furniture, but I did what I was told to do to rid the apartment of the odor and it didn't work. I need more information that has been tested and is known.

By Barbara

Best Answer

My dog was sprayed once and a neighbor gave me a recipe for the dog.Use 1/2 cup peroxide mixed with 1 litre of water. I don't know if this helps with your problem. Good luck.

Anonymous

peroxide, baking powder, sunlight dish detergent

You will need to get rid of the skunks. If they are living under the steps there is no doubt they may spray again. They are pretty easy to trap with a live trap, bait it with marshmallows (so you don't get any stray cats. Or better yet, have your landlord call a trapper. Once the skunks are gone. clean your home & put out vinegar in bowls to absorb the odor.