Getting Rid of Slugs Inside

Slugs are getting in through a hole in the kitchen floor. I told my parents, but they don't seem too concerned. It was just one maybe every 4 weeks. I went in my kitchen earlier and found four of the slimy things. I am very squeamish and they have caused me to not eat in days. I can't walk through my own home without wearing my ACU boots. Can some one give a way to get rid of them?

By Dave from Seattle, WA

Plug the hole up with caulk. A small tube of caulk is very inexpensive at many stores. I had ants coming in a small hole in my ceiling and plugged the hole with caulk & am free now. You can fix this yourself today to be slug free forever.

Try putting some salt in the hole. There are several posts on this site about slugs in the house.

Find where they are coming in and foam seal it. You can also lay some rock salt inside the kitchen under the sink. It doesn't melt and they can't cross the barrier. Other than slug bait/killer you might find these tips helpful.

Just sprinkle some salt around where they are coming in from and around the ouside of the house.

We have slugs come into our kitchen. We just pick them gently up with a tissue and place them back outside. Simple! No need to harm anything and it only will take a few seconds out of your life. The slug has come in due to damp and this is a big mistake on it's part as a lot of people are cruel enough to just kill them. Be a better person and direct to the outside.

sound advice but like me the person who asked the question is scared of them. I have a phobia of them and i cant even look at them never mind pick them up!!!

Anonymous

We have this problem every once in a while in our living room. Last night I finally decided to set my alarm clock and get up around 3 am, ck with a flash light for new slug tracks. Low and behold...there was the little burger in the middle of the floor! I am not as kind as the other lady...I poured
salt on it and flushed it down the toilet! Now I have the job of cleaning up the nasty slug trails!

Anonymous

Hiya. I'm Ellen England. It's very wet where we live! Lots of slugs. I admit I have to use slug pellets. So many here! They work! Xxx

Snails get in the house. What to do to get rid of them?

Anonymous

Follow the slime find the hole and block it with something!

I found them in my tub and in my kitchen sink