Getting Rid of Tiny Black Bugs

Can someone please help me? I have just moved out of home into a small flat, as I am young you can kind of imagine what my flat is like. It is tidy, but not amazing and I keep finding these bugs everywhere. They are tiny, and when I say tiny I mean tiny, the only way you know they are on you is if you feel them tickling your skin and you have a close look.

My flat mate and I have both noticed them on the couch a lot and that seems to be where they all go. This couch is from my flat mate's father and was in his shed and was cleaned before we got it so I don't think they can keep coming from there as I have scrubbed and vacuumed it heaps.

I really hate bugs and have great pride in keeping my house clean so as you can probably tell I am getting sick and tired of these bugs. I'm not sure if they bite, I think they might do and just leave a small mark. They are black and not round at all they are more long and slight squirmy, but so very very tiny. They are everywhere, we have already tried bombs and fly spray. Someone please help me.

By Tara B

From your limited description, it is very difficult to offer an answer on the exact insect and a way to remove them. However, if the bugs were there when you moved into the flat, then removing them is the owner's responsibility. You should contact the owner to have them removed.

These may be flour weevils. They come into your home in any flour product.

To get rid of them, get rid of any flour based product that is older than 6 months. They should be gone in a couple of weeks.

Best Answer

To All Suffering from the black speck like bugs that don't appear to move. These are called black pepper mites and they are a modern day plague. Many originate from actual birds who were their original hosts. Once the infected bird dies, these mites search for a new host. Usually those are other animals, but humans do just fine as well.

Check out birdmites.org for a proper forum where other suffers write in & exchange ideas. I've personally used Dr. Browns peppermint liquid soap (antiseptic) for washing my hair, body & home.

$20 big bottle of concentrate and lasts! Another amazing source of relief is from a man named Richard Kuhns. He has a much better debridling soap that has helped cure this problem for many. I'm ordering from him next, as the peppermint soap has worked for the past year (on my head) but I need something stronger. The debridling soap is actually in micro particles so it kills those horrific bugs on their own size level.

So sorry you've been suffering! I'm still suffering too ~ determined to conquer this problem!! Prayers for you getting better soon!! God bless.

Try scrubbing your skin, your whole body, with an exfoliating glove & soap while showering. Boil the clothes giving you the crawling sensation. It will significantly decrease the crawling sensation on your clothes and skin if you do this daily.

Were you ever able to get rid of them? I have had them for a year and tried all of the remedies. A doctor could not help me. The doc wrote a script for Hydroxyzine HCL 10mg which does help with the histamine release due to the bites.

Why is everyone clueless about what type of bugs these are and how to rid them from your body and home?? It seems to be a big problem in many areas of our country without any knowledge how to kill these vicious tiny bugs

I am sorry to tell you this, but I sued an exterminator for telling people (Including me) that we had "black pepper mites". There is no such thing, and exterminators and fly by night bug zapper people are making a fortune on telling people that this is what they have. Incidentally, when I sued this exterminator, I won! And the reason I won is because what he was telling people is a lie! After asking a bunch of other exterminators about it, they said that this guy should be put out of business because THEY knew there was no such thing.

I too am suffering from an appearant infestation of tiny black bugs. Out of a family of four, i seem to be the only one effected.

They are in my clothes, my car & i fear have taken up residence in my body!! Please help!

Did you find a solution
I have been suffering for about one month

Do you have the address to buy that spray?

I have the same problem. I am sure they are black pepper mites. I use a product called Kleen Green I purchase on line. Pure lemon juice ( much cheaper) I make it my self,(it will sting a little when sprayed on skin,) also Grapefruit Seed extract works well. I use a spray bottle and after a hot shower I spray any of this products on me. I also use a Lint Roller on all my clothing and sheets before I wash them. (after 4 month I finally got a break. Am I completely free, will see ???

Have any of you got a wooden bed as I feel like it started after I bought a new oak bed from Beaumont beds that's when this started to happen