Getting Rid of Tiny Black Bugs

Can someone please help me? I have just moved out of home into a small flat, as I am young you can kind of imagine what my flat is like. It is tidy, but not amazing and I keep finding these bugs everywhere. They are tiny, and when I say tiny I mean tiny, the only way you know they are on you is if you feel them tickling your skin and you have a close look.

My flat mate and I have both noticed them on the couch a lot and that seems to be where they all go. This couch is from my flat mate's father and was in his shed and was cleaned before we got it so I don't think they can keep coming from there as I have scrubbed and vacuumed it heaps.

I really hate bugs and have great pride in keeping my house clean so as you can probably tell I am getting sick and tired of these bugs. I'm not sure if they bite, I think they might do and just leave a small mark. They are black and not round at all they are more long and slight squirmy, but so very very tiny. They are everywhere, we have already tried bombs and fly spray. Someone please help me.

By Tara B

From your limited description, it is very difficult to offer an answer on the exact insect and a way to remove them. However, if the bugs were there when you moved into the flat, then removing them is the owner's responsibility. You should contact the owner to have them removed.

They are not flour wheels yes let ur lAndlord know right away.....

These may be flour weevils. They come into your home in any flour product.

To get rid of them, get rid of any flour based product that is older than 6 months. They should be gone in a couple of weeks.

Best Answer

To All Suffering from the black speck like bugs that don't appear to move. These are called black pepper mites and they are a modern day plague. Many originate from actual birds who were their original hosts. Once the infected bird dies, these mites search for a new host. Usually those are other animals, but humans do just fine as well.

Check out birdmites.org for a proper forum where other suffers write in & exchange ideas. I've personally used Dr. Browns peppermint liquid soap (antiseptic) for washing my hair, body & home.

$20 big bottle of concentrate and lasts! Another amazing source of relief is from a man named Richard Kuhns. He has a much better debridling soap that has helped cure this problem for many. I'm ordering from him next, as the peppermint soap has worked for the past year (on my head) but I need something stronger. The debridling soap is actually in micro particles so it kills those horrific bugs on their own size level.

So sorry you've been suffering! I'm still suffering too ~ determined to conquer this problem!! Prayers for you getting better soon!! God bless.

Try scrubbing your skin, your whole body, with an exfoliating glove & soap while showering. Boil the clothes giving you the crawling sensation. It will significantly decrease the crawling sensation on your clothes and skin if you do this daily.

Were you ever able to get rid of them? I have had them for a year and tried all of the remedies. A doctor could not help me. The doc wrote a script for Hydroxyzine HCL 10mg which does help with the histamine release due to the bites.

Why is everyone clueless about what type of bugs these are and how to rid them from your body and home?? It seems to be a big problem in many areas of our country without any knowledge how to kill these vicious tiny bugs

I am sorry to tell you this, but I sued an exterminator for telling people (Including me) that we had "black pepper mites". There is no such thing, and exterminators and fly by night bug zapper people are making a fortune on telling people that this is what they have. Incidentally, when I sued this exterminator, I won! And the reason I won is because what he was telling people is a lie! After asking a bunch of other exterminators about it, they said that this guy should be put out of business because THEY knew there was no such thing.

I too am suffering from an appearant infestation of tiny black bugs. Out of a family of four, i seem to be the only one effected.

They are in my clothes, my car & i fear have taken up residence in my body!! Please help!

Did you find a solution
I have been suffering for about one month

Do you have the address to buy that spray?

I have the same problem. I am sure they are black pepper mites. I use a product called Kleen Green I purchase on line. Pure lemon juice ( much cheaper) I make it my self,(it will sting a little when sprayed on skin,) also Grapefruit Seed extract works well. I use a spray bottle and after a hot shower I spray any of this products on me. I also use a Lint Roller on all my clothing and sheets before I wash them. (after 4 month I finally got a break. Am I completely free, will see ???

Have any of you got a wooden bed as I feel like it started after I bought a new oak bed from Beaumont beds that's when this started to happen

We Fog every couple of years for Brown Recluse Spriders. Spiders are nothing compared to these Little Black Bugs that Bite. They are not Bed Bugs and if the Bird Mites are arodesecent then that is what these are. They get in my mouth, my nose they even are on my eye lashes when I take off my make up with a wipe.

There are alot. I am totally exhausted. Working 5 days a week and then trying my best to conquer these at night and on weekends. I have sprayed, washed and vacuumed, mopped continuiously over and over sometimes vacuuming 5 to 6 times a day. I am at the tipping over point if you know what I mean! Terrible...

These tiny black microscopic bugs are absolutely equal to the modern day plague, .....
I have been merely surviving from these black pepper and white bugs, That dont move for almost 5 months now.
I am absolutely suffering.
And so is my cat .
All we do is vacuum, spray everything down with isopropyl alcohol, wash everything, spray myself down again, itch, and try not to think about scratching.
Its absolutely exhausting . It sucks all of my life and energy for me .
Both of the houses to the side of me are doing serious construction digging up tons of dirt .
My roommate recently half ass installed flooring in my room after taking out carpet.
The entire room was painted with mold killing paint, but I dont think it worked, and I think aggravated whatever bugs were living in the walls and the floors.
I also know there are rats that live in nests underneath the house I live in. I cant even get close to deal with the situation because the overwhelming implosion of mites across my body when going outside. Theres also tons of birds such as Blue Jays, Robins, crows, parrats, hummingbirds , and those little hopping birds.
There are huge roaches, Termites , pesticide resistant fleas , hybrid plants that host insects of all species etc.
But Ive never had an epidemic quite like this before with this particular bug.

These microscopic mites have teeth and they bite. Some of them are clear and look like random diamond shapes, and the bigger ones are black , and sorta look like a black pepper triangles on acid.
Ive never seen anything like this before.

The itching and biting is the only thing my mind can think about. There literally is zero peace.

I dont know how to handle the situation. And theyre absolutely everywhere. Theyre outside, and theyre inside. I have two roommates Who dont seem to get bitten, so they really dont seem to mind even though both of their cats are clearly infested as well.

These things are active slightly more active at night, but they are relentless 24/7.

I sprayed myself down with rubbing alcohol like every 30 minutes, use bug spray like every 2-3 hrs. I put menthol on my sheets, my walls, and skin.

But Im losing the war. I bought a magnifying glass, and looked at A piece of tape I pulled off my skin. You can see hundreds if not thousands of little specs that are not skin cells ranging from clear to small black specks.

They have infested every single crease, or skin lining in or around my body. In my ears, nose, lips, navel, nipples, simply everywhere . And you can hardly see them. If ever .

Somebody please help me identify these microscopic pepper bugs and give me a solution on how to eradicate them outside and inside.

Or at least a way to live harmoniously with them ;)

Thanx

This freaked me out and I can't wait on a vet to sell me expensive experimentally... Try antiseptic and Wintergreen mint alcohol on a cotton swab for the doggies hair... Instant DEATH to those bugs... Adding to carpet cleaner next, fingers crossed!

Thank You Very Much Very Helpful.....This Is Very Sad How Could This Be Happening....I really appreciated your mind words...
Kimberly Searfus

Me 2 the same thing In my home They think I'm Nuts, But I don't let It Bother Me and I just keep the faith....I have been to my doctor and I'm doing some tests...My legs are very swollen and my body gets did collared as it seems very weird If you want someone to chat with I can give you my e-mail mail address.....I talked with one lady she said peppermint shampoo and soap concentrations was the way to go for cleaning the house also.... Kim

I use the Klean green but also I use orange oil and the lemon Lysol I also use orange powder in my laundry there is a cleaner and there is a powder cleaner that you can put In your laundry I get both at the 99¢ store or dollar store In In California If anyone would like to know... Well hopefully we will all win this battle I vacuums 2times a day wipe all counters and walls sweep and mop....I'm very tired but It seems to be helping alot If I want to take a day off I can........Kim Also I have taken a Tip using peppermint Concentration for hair and Body you can even use It to clean......

Have you tried Kleen Green for your body of you can clean with it of peppermint for your hair I use orange oil or tangerines oil I also clean with orange cleaner and clean my clothes with the powder I get it at the 99¢store of dollar store.... I vacuum 2-4 times a day you must keep reading these articles you do see what people do and how they do it and that they were successful keep the faith were all in this together I know Its tuff I'm the only one in my family suffering this horrible tragedy just know it will happen for you and you mY need someone to help you clean.... Visit Birdmites.org

Get rid of the couch.......