Gift Ideas for Wife's 50th Birthday

I am a bit stuck at the moment and need help. My wife's 50th will soon be upon me. I have two sons age 7 and 13. What can I get for my wife from my sons? They are ready and willing to do anything, but money is very tight!

By Gary L

Your sons can consider giving their mother a jar or box of messages on folded paper. Each message will say one or both of them will do a specific chore without question, give their mother time to herself by setting up their own time to play games etc. (together with you?), help her with a specific task such as preparing a meal, there are so many possibilities!

I believe she would be surprized and very happy with this gift!

Dinah: That is a great idea. Another is making a photo collage of them with her on a specific sized poster board piece so that it can be enclosed in a frame. Most second hand frames are in pristine condition and you can place them all together on a wall. She sounds like a lucky lady and you and your boys are lucky, too.

If you do either suggestion, please post it here. We love to see what people do with our suggestions!
PBP

How about the three of you cook her a very special meal, and make it very posh like going to a special restaurant. I was going to suggest going to a fancy restaurant, but if money is tight, the three of you cooking for her, setting a table with the fancy dishes, having candlelight and wine (maybe sparkling fruit juice so all can join in?) might be better. Perhaps you kids could make a big "happy 50th birthday" banner for their mom.

For $14.95, you can buy a star in her name! Check it out online! It will mean the world to her and if you missed her birthday, try mother's day!

You boys are at a good age to make something creative for their mom. Gather some family photos, group them in an album, but have the boys write their thoughts around the pictures, even draw if they're artistic.

Make it a very personalized album. Moms love stuff like that!

Go to shutterfly.com and upload treasured pictures. They will make a beautiful album. Have your sons write her a letter or poem.