Gift Iris

Photo Description
Iris are so beautiful. I never thought I would see an ugly one. I visited an iris farm where thousands of different iris were growing. I saw several ugly ones. One was a slimy, limey green, covered with rust colored freckles. Still, an ugly iris is pretty rare.

My sister gave me the pictured iris. It's quite a bit like one I already have. The main difference is the shorter standards.This is its first time to bloom for me. I just had to get a shot for my files and for ThriftyFun.

I'm serious about Gimp, Y'all. Some of you should give it a try. It's free. My back yard was such a mess, there was no angle I could get a shot that didn't include junk. Gimp to the rescue. I sliced out the bloom and gave it a new background. It took about 10 minutes. It would have taken me hours to clean up all that junk.

By
A sloppy iris lover

what is gimp?

Reply Like this photo? 1

It's a free graphics program that Likekinds has been using for years. Here is a link to their site.

www.gimp.org/

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos GardenJune 4, 2018
📓
😎
😷
🐛
🌻
Generated 2020-07-18 12:22:36 in 906 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Gift-Iris.html