Ginger Chicken Recipes

Category Poultry
Ginger really complements the flavor of chicken and is used in many Asian recipes. This page contains ginger chicken recipes.

In Tahiti, we have a lot of Chinese influence when it comes to cooking. I do most of my cooking with a wok. Therefore, I have revised a delicious Chinese dish here and created one of my own. This is my version of Chinese Ginger Chicken that is served at many of the snack trucks here on the islands.

Total Time: 30 Minutes

Yield: 6 Servings

• 4 carrots
  • 2 green bell peppers
  • 4 Tbsp sliced ginger root
  • 1 onion
  • 3 chicken legs and thighs
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 2 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 2 tsp corn starch
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 cup uncooked rice

1. Clean the carrots and slice them into long, thin pieces. Each piece should be about 3 inches long.
  2. Clean the ginger roots and slice them into long, thin pieces. Make the ginger root slices the same length as the carrot slices.
  3. Clean the bell peppers and remove seeds. Slice the peppers into thin slices or small pieces.
  4. Ad

5. Clean the onion and cut into thin pieces or dice the onion.
  6. Take the bones out of the chicken legs and thighs. Remove the skin and cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
  7. Ad

8. Clean and cook your rice. I use a rice cooker to prepare my rice. However, you can always cook your rice in a covered pot on your stove.
  9. Add the diced chicken to your wok. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the wok. Quickly fry the chicken on high heat.
  10. Add the chicken bouillon cubes to the boiling water. Dissolve the chicken bouillon cubes.
  11. Ad

12. Add the corn starch to the chicken broth in your measuring cup. Stir vigorously to remove any lumps.
  13. Once the chicken is cooked, add the sliced ginger, carrots, bell peppers and onion to the chicken.
  14. Stir fry on high heat for 4 minutes.
  15. Ad

16. Add the corn starch and chicken broth mix and to the wok. Continue cooking for another 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
  17. Season to taste. Serve with white rice.

That looks good. I will have to try it.

This is easy to make and is so good.

Ouuu...sounds delish and I love ginger! Thanks!

I use a lot of ginger when I cook. Therefore, I love to cook this once or twice a month.