Ginger Chicken Stir Fry Recipes
Ginger and chicken is a popular combination in Chinese cuisine as well as in many other Asian countries. This guide contains ginger chicken stir fry recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Great Oriental type dish. The mandarin oranges in this are very tasty!
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger or 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 lb. fresh show peas or 1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen snow peas
- 1/4 cup bottom Oriental stir-fry sauce
- hot rice
Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup syrup. Cook ginger in hot oil 30 seconds. Add chicken and stir fry about 3 minutes. Add snow peas, reserved syrup, and stir fry sauce. Heat to boiling while stirring. Reduce heat, cover and cook 2 minutes. Top with orange sections. Serve over brown or white rice.
Prep Time: 20-30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
By Robin from Washington, IA
A healthy do it yourself ginger chicken stir fry that pairs perfectly with rice.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 3 people
- 3 lb chicken leg quarters
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 green onions
- 1 piece ginger
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Clean chicken thoroughly. Squeeze lemon over chicken. Drain water.
- Remove the skin and bones of the chicken and cut into smaller pieces about 2 inches or your preference. Add salt, pepper then mix with your hands and set aside.
- Wash and dice green onions, ginger and shallots.
- In a pan, on medium heat, add olive oil, ginger, shallots until golden brown.
- Add chicken and stir fry for about 10 minutes.
- Add in oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar and mix throughly. Add water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add green onion and close lid for another 5 minutes.