Ginger Coconut Glass Noodle Soup
Coconut milk added to chicken broth provide the creamy base for this yummy soup. The list of ingredients and instructions follow.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you need some comfort in the form of soup, here is a great recipe for you. Its chicken stock and coconut milk base makes it creamy, while the ginger root and lemon give it a lively zing. I added glass noodles to keep it hearty yet light. This is a wonderful recipe to have around for cold and flu season.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hours
Yield: 6 servings
- 3.5 oz dry glass noodles (any type)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14oz) coconut milk
- 1 14 can (14oz) baby corn
- 1 large lemon or lime for serving
- Soak dry glass noodles in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add carrot, onion, and most of the chopped green onion. Reserve some of the green parts for serving. Sprinkle liberally with salt. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add grated ginger and chili sauce. Cook while stirring until fragrant, a few minutes.
- Add stock, water, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then lower and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add baby corn and cook another 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain glass noodles. Roughly chop them so they're a bit shorter. Divide into bowls. Ladle soup on top of noodles, then drizzle with fresh lemon or lime juice. Sprinkle with reserved chopped green onion.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.