CupcakesCakes

Gingerbread Cupcakes

I love the spicy and sweet flavours of gingerbread. Here, I've incorporated them into a luscious cupcake recipe that I used for a holiday party. I was lucky to find gingerbread man shaped marshmallows at a seasonal sale for 99 cents. They did a good job of representing the flavours when they were set at the dessert table. :)

I topped them with a simple vanilla frosting before adorning them with gingerbread men. I used gluten-free flour for these ones in particular, but the same measurements should be used for all-purpose flour.

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Yield: 12 cupcakes

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
  2. Beat in the egg.
  3. Stir in the molasses.
  4. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
  5. Blend into the wet mixture.
  6. Stir in the cup of hot water.
  7. Pour into lined cupcake tin.
  8. Bake for about 20 minutes or so, until toothpick test comes out clear. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
  9. Top cooled cupcakes with frosting.
  10. Decorate however you please. These two fell in love!

YUM!!! This is on the list for things to bake when life settles down!! Thanks for sharing!!!

You're so welcome! Guess who had candy canes in her ice cream today?!

Candy canes in ice cream are an awesome treat, aren't they! And if you buy candy canes AFTER Christmas, when they are a penny a piece or so, you can have frugal and yummy treats for a while! Your recipes are so awesome!

Yes! So cheap after! This is what I made with mine last year:

www.thriftyfun.com/Candy-Cane-Hearts-1.html

They were so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the hearts! Too cute!! You have given me so many good ideas!! So cute!!! You are sooooo talented!!

I used to buy all of the Hershey Christmas kisses and separate out the silver and red for Valentine's Day and the green for St. Patty's day! I would make up little bags for my co-workers to brighten their days!!

Now I wish I had this neat idea to make with the candy canes. They would have loved these!!!

Sooo smart! I love the separation for the following holidays! If you have any lil canes from the upcoming sales, try these. Melt in your mouth delish! x

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes CupcakesDecember 11, 2018
🎂
🌻
🎃