Giving Medicine to Dogs

My vet told me to start giving my dogs regular pumpkin for the fiber. I give it to them in the evening meal. At the same time, I give medications. Some of the medications I have to get very tricky with to get them to take it. I have learned that I can just put it in with the pumpkin in the food. I add hot water and mix it well (crush any pills before putting them in). They both love the pumpkin and it covers up the medication taste. This makes it much easier on both them and me and best of all, no stress on either side.

Good idea! This is a tip I can use.

Check with your vet before crushing any pills ! Some pills are enteric-coated for a reason. Enteric-coated pills have a special coating to prevent the medication from dissolving in the stomach. This is intended to prevent irritation of the stomach lining from the drug or to prevent the drug from being destroyed by the acids in the stomach.