Giving a Cat a Pill?

My cat refuses to take a pill. I crushed the pill in her wet food that she loves, but she won't go near it. The vet only gave us one. After I already did this I learned that if it's bitter they won't eat it. So how can I fix this and get her to eat the food?

By Jackie D.

Closeup of a grey cat's head, with eyes closed.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 226 Feedbacks
Best Answer

I had this problem with giving clindamycin to my cat. I rubbed a little butter on the small pill. Then I wrapped in a half teaspoon of tuna I had fixed for sandwiches (my cat loves it). Then I put it on the floor like it was a treat. The cat ate it so fast he never even noticed the pill. The reason I put butter on the pill was so the moist tuna would not pick up the flavor of the bitter pill. it worked. Good luck.

Pets CatsFebruary 5, 2014
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Giving-a-Cat-a-Pill-1.html