Glazed Chicken Recipes
Using a marinade or basting can infuse your chicken with flavor, and give it a very nice finish. This page contains glazed chicken recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
As a mom it is important to be creative, especially in the kitchen. Cooking the same ingredients with same taste every day can be boring. So I tried a new recipe using my usual ingredients. Experiment and practice mixing things up to come up with a new taste. Here's my recipe.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 250 g chicken thighs
- 2 tsp barbecue powdered mix
- 5 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml water
- lime juice
- 1 onion
- 1 chili (optional)
- Mix flour, 1 teaspoon of barbecue powdered mix, and salt. Marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Deep fry marinated chicken thighs. Set aside on a plate of paper towels to remove excess oil.
- In a bowl, add the soy sauce and water. Dissolve another teaspoon of barbecue mix, sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add lime juice.
- In a saucepan, reduce the mixture until thick.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion into rings and chop the chili diagonally. Add it into the sauce.
- Place crispy fried barbecue chicken in a plate, glaze with barbecue sauce and top caramelized onion and chillies.
- 4 boned chicken breasts, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
In a large skillet, cook chicken and nuts in margarine over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to serving platter, saving juices. Keep chicken warm. For glaze, stir preserves, vinegar and ginger into juices in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Spoon glaze over chicken breasts. Serves 4.
By Robin from Washington, IA
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp.. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. minced seeded jalapeno (or to taste)
Combine glaze ingredients. Place chicken in shallow pan. Pour 1/2 of the glaze over the chicken, reserving the remaining glaze for basting. Turn the chicken to thoroughly coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning the chicken after the first hour.
Remove the chicken from the marinade. Grill over medium coals about 10 to 12 minutes, turning once and basting with the reserved marinade. Cook until chicken is white and opaque throughout. 6 Servings
By Connie from Oden, AR