Glazed Custard Chocolate Cake
Finally the local government decided to deactivate the checkpoints. I left my oven at home and I got stuck in a boarding house. Now, we are finally home and I'm reunited with my dear oven. Ha ha! So I decided to bake the sweetest thing.
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- chocolate cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp caramel glaze
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Caramelize sugar in a baking pan over low heat. Stir while it's melting so it doesn't burn. When the sugar is caramelised spread it all over the base of the baking pan. Set aside.
- Beat eggs.
- Pour condensed milk and evaporated milk. Continue to beat until well incorporated but do not over mix. Strain the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan with caramelised sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove from oven at 150 C. At this point the custard is half cooked.
- Sift together all dry ingredients. Mix well to incorporate.
- Crack the egg, then add the oil and milk. Mix well.
- Now, add the hot water and continue to mix.
- Pour mixture over the custard and put back into the oven.
- Bake at 170 C for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Dissolve cocoa powder in warm milk.
- Add sugar and place over low heat. Continue stirring then gradually sprinkle with flour.
- Achieve a thick sticky but still a little bit runny texture then remove from heat.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Place cake in a round plate. The custard should be on top.
- Pour ganache all over the cake.
- Glaze with caramel and serve.
- By the way it can also be served without the ganache.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.