Gluten Free Banana Bread

This banana bread is soft and moist and so good. I want to share the recipe with my Thrifty Fun friends that can't have wheat flour.

After baking it and having a piece, I cut the remainder in squares, and wrap each square in plastic wrap. Then I put them in the freezer, so I do not devour the whole thing in one sitting. It is scrumptious!

• 1 cup mashed bananas (approximately 2 bananas)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour (I used Gluten Free Pantry all-purpose flour)
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 3/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup olive oil

Directions:

Combine bananas, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl and mix at medium speed for 1 minute. Add eggs and mix well.

Combine gluten free flour, nuts, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.

Add banana mixture alternately with the oil to the dry ingredients, mixing well at low speed.

Spray 8x8x2 inch Pyrex dish with Pam. Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.

By littergitter from NC

We have a granddaughter in college who just loves to cook and bake. She always is asked to bake cakes and cookies for her friends' birthdays and other special occasions. One girlfriend cannot have gluten, so I send my granddaughter every good recipe I find for any gluten-free cake, cookie, tea-bread etc. This recipe looks delicious, so Binks will get it.

Thank you so much for sharing.
Thumbs Up!
Pookarina

Thanks Pookarina. That's the way I got this recipe. I recieved a loaf of Banana Bread, made especially for me, at a family luncheon. I enjoyed it so much, I just had to have the recipe.

When I first learned that I have Celiac disease and could no longer have gluten, it was very disappointing, however, over time I have found that I can have lots of the same things but just made different. I do miss hot buttered biscuits with a slice of tomato in it.