Gluten Free Fried Drumsticks

One thing I missed when I could no longer have wheat flour was fried chicken. It took me a while to learn how to make it gluten free and taste just as good. Using my new electric non stick frying pan, it turns out crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside and finger licking good. My family loves it as well as I do. It's also good warmed over the next day. This is my simple and easy recipe for frying chicken.

• Chicken drumsticks
  • Betty Crocker gluten free Bisquick
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Crisco vegetable shortening

1. Rinse drumsticks and dry with paper towels.
  2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add spices if desired.
  3. Place Crisco in frying pan enough to cover the bottom well, approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep. Heat to 325-350 degrees F.
  4. Pour some Bisquick in a container with a lid that you can shake. Lay a couple of pieces of chicken, at the time, in the Bisquick and shake until well coated.
  5. Place chicken in the hot oil.
  6. Cover and fry for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.

7. Remove cover and turn chicken over.
  8. Continue to fry uncovered for 25-30 minutes turning to brown all sides. A spatter screen helps to keep the grease from popping out of the pan.
  9. Remove chicken from oil and place on paper towels to drain.
  10. Serve while hot.
  11. Enjoy.
Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Gluten FreeNovember 7, 2020
🍂
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Gluten-Free-Fried-Drumsticks.html