Go With the Flow Painting

A simple pour paint project for those who don't know how to paint, but want to do a painting!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1

1. Make a mixture (in a disposable container) with desired colors of paint and glue for the flower color. I used white. Make a mixture of paint and glue for the background color. I used black. Mixture is a 1:1 ratio with a small amount of water to make the mixture slightly runny. For example, 1 tablespoon of glue and 1 tablespoon of paint with about 1 teaspoon water. This is about the right amount for a 4 by 6" canvas.
  2. Pour background paint onto canvas and paint entire surface with a foam paintbrush. Set aside on a pedestal of four small tomato sauce or tuna cans.
  3. Advertisement

4. Dip chain into desired paint for flowers, leaving a few inches at the end with no paint. If you have more than one chain, you may dip the chains into each color. If not, do one at a time, washing chain between each paint pull. Set aside on painting surface for a few minutes. (I use an old baking sheet.)
  5. Carefully lift up chain and determine where you want the flower placement on the canvas. Starting at the top of the canvas, lay the chain on the canvas, a few inches at a time, and loop the chain back and forth, right to left, in a squiggly pattern, until you reach the end of the canvas. Pinch the chain with one hand, and pull straight off while holding it at an even level with the canvas. One flower made. Repeat steps with desired colors, washing chain in between and dipping into the next color. Make desired amount of flowers. Paint sides with background color.
  6. Advertisement

7. Allow to dry for 36 hours.

I love this techique for painting and have done a lot of chain designs in the past. I normally just mix my paint with water and have never added glue to the paint mixture. This is something new to me and very interesting. I do not think you really need the glue because it works fine without it.

Crafts Painting How ToMay 22, 2020
👔
🎆
😎
😷
🐛
🌻

Generated 2020-05-25 11:01:55 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

How ToPainting