Granite Color with Ivory Cabinets

What color granite typically goes with Victorian ivory cabinets? Should it be light or dark?

By Nancy

I would think you would want a medium to dark granite for contrast to the light cabinets. It depends on your flooring also. There are some gorgeous granites in the browns and beige combos that would go with laminated flooring if that is what you have.

Think about the lighting in the kitchen. Would dark counter tops make it too dark?

We bought a black fridge (DH wanted that color - BIG mistake) and you would not believe how it darkened the room. He even agreed that the next one is going to be lighter colored. Considering it was well lit up with the old almond fridge, I never thought how the room's lighting could be substantially changed by one appliance.

In my opinion, I would go dark in keeping with the Victorian theme.