Grapevine with Small Grapes?

A grapevine with small grapes.I have grown a grapevine now for 4 years in my greenhouse. The root is outside the greenhouse, the vine is inside the greenhouse. All I get is bunches of small pea size grapes, very sweet but a lot of pips. Have taken advice over the years; pruning, thinning, feeding, watering, training, etc. But it is the same. I'm about giving up on it now. Gave it my all. What can be the problem with this vine, is it just a runt? Help!

Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 320 Answers

It's frustrating to try garden tips to no avail! You didn't mention soil, so I'll add here that too much nitrogen could be a culprit. However, assuming your grapes are Thompson, I'll venture that expectations are possibly not realistic. Industrial farmers use gibberellic acid (a synthetic plant growth regulator, i.e. hormone) to increase size and therefore marketability of table grapes -- this not available to home growers.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

Make sure you are pruning the vine after the growing season is over. Letting the vine grow wild can be the cause of small grapes.

Home and Garden Gardening Growing Growing FoodDecember 1, 2021
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Grapevine-with-Small-Grapes.html