Gravy and Sauce Recipes for Cats

My 5 month old kitten keeps bugging me for wet food at meal times, but turns her nose up to most of the food I try to feed her. She does seem to like food with gravy, broth and sauces, though. She usually licks up the sauce, and leaves the meat. Does anyone know some good gravy, broth and/or sauce recipes out there?

There is a healthy cat recipe here. www.threecatsandalady.com/.../

I would check with the vet first.

Cats by nature are fuss budgets about food. That is their charm!

I would keep buying the small containers various wet cat foods from the store before making your own, as especially she is still a growing girlie.

At 5 months old she is still developing and she needs nutrients that may not be in a home made food.

Now, if your vet has recipes, I would trust that over something from the internet. Perhaps the vet has a supplement that can be added into a home food if you decide to go that way, but I wouldn't do anything without asking the vet first.

Our vet gave us a big thumbs down when we suggested home made foods for our fur kids. She gave the OK for occasional treats, but for meals, the big thumbs down. Every vet is different though.

I agree with Pghgirl about sticking with small cans of cat food instead of home-made and I believe most vets agree with this. Dogs may be another story but cats are usually always finicky eaters and what they eat today - well - tomorrow may be another story all together.

There are good varieties now and if you get a better brand she may like one above another but then that "love" may not last very long.
They make pate and gravy mixes but the gravy usually has small pieces of "thing" in it and some cats will eat the pate better.

I mix a few drops of olive oil in my indoor cat's food and this seems to help a little (if she is in the right mood) but I can feed any kind to our outdoor cat and she cleans the plate - every time - so there is just no knowing how cats will react to food.

As long as your cat is healthy and is still eating dry cat food then I do not believe I would be too concerned as they will usually eat when they get hungry (we just don't give them time to get hungry as we cater to their "yowls").

Pets FoodSeptember 2, 2018
🎄
🍂