DairyRecipes

Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese

I recently learned how to make cream cheese from Greek yogurt and just Greek yogurt! I just can't get enough. It's not only incredibly creamy, it's packed full of protein and is a much healthier option than traditional cream cheeses out there. Adding a pinch of salt in the beginning of this method is optional, but definitely not necessary. Enjoy!

1. Place the cheesecloth or coffee filter on the strainer, then spoon in the yogurt.
  2. If you're using a sturdy cheesecloth, squeeze out as much liquid as you can. If you're using a coffee filter, press down on the yogurt with the back of a spoon. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 10 hours. You can place something heavy over it to help assist the drainage if you're in a hurry!
  3. Remove from fridge and enjoy your cream cheese. I love to use this in my recipes that call for cream cheese.