Making Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese

Category Dairy
It is extremely easy to make cream cheese from Greek style yogurt. Learn how on this page.

I recently learned how to make cream cheese from Greek yogurt and just Greek yogurt! I just can't get enough. It's not only incredibly creamy, it's packed full of protein and is a much healthier option than traditional cream cheeses out there. Adding a pinch of salt in the beginning of this method is optional, but definitely not necessary. Enjoy!

• Greek yogurt
  • cheesecloth or coffee filter
  • strainer

1. Place the cheesecloth or coffee filter on the strainer, then spoon in the yogurt.
  2. Advertisement

3. If you're using a sturdy cheesecloth, squeeze out as much liquid as you can. If you're using a coffee filter, press down on the yogurt with the back of a spoon. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 10 hours. You can place something heavy over it to help assist the drainage if you're in a hurry!
  4. Remove from fridge and enjoy your cream cheese. I love to use this in my recipes that call for cream cheese.

Food and Recipes Recipes DairyFebruary 15, 2020
🍀

Generated 2020-02-16 23:06:28 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️