Grind Whole Cloves in a Coffee Grinder

Don't you just hate it when you are ready to prepare something special for the holidays and realize that you don't have ALL the ingredients? Well, this happened to me today. I found that I was out of ground cloves to be used in special muffins that I was cooking for part of my neighbors' holiday gifts.

Our town only has Walmart and another major grocery chain and, of course, several dollar stores. Because Walmart was like a zoo, I refused to go there to see if they had ground cloves. I went to two dollar stores and called another store and was still empty handed. I went to the other grocery store and found a .62 oz container of ground cloves for the ridiculous price of $7.99! I absolutely refused to pay that amount for a tiny container and came back home. I had reconciled myself to omitting the cloves from the muffins, when I found that I had a partial container of whole cloves left over from making pickled peaches. I poured a few of the cloves into my mortar and pestle and attempted to grind them into powder. It may have worked but it would take too long.

I figured that I HAD to have something I could use to do this faster. Then it came to me, my coffee grinder! I poured the cloves that I had partially crushed along with the remaining whole cloves into the coffee grinder and within no more than 10 seconds, I had ground cloves. Problem solved and no cost to me. And that's what makes me a happy cook! I will be trying it again with some cinnamon sticks when I run out of cinnamon.

Happy holidays to all of you Thrifty Funners!

By Lee from Jesup, GA

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsFebruary 27, 2018
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Grind-Whole-Cloves-in-a-Coffee-Grinder.html