Growing Profusion Zinnias

Every spring I sow tall zinnia seed directly in the ground. Can I do the same thing with Profusion zinnia seeds or do I need to start them inside first and then transplant when I have a good sized plant? So far I have been buying new Profusion zinnias each year and this year, I would like to save the seeds and try planting them instead of purchasing every year.

Thank you for your response.

These are easy to grow. You can sow directly in the ground or start indoors if you want earlier blooms. www.gardenia.net/.../zinnia-profusion-series

These look so amazing with their pops of color and pretty lines! I miss having them....When I did, I have always had the best luck starting them right in the ground vs starting inside. When I did the inside to outside....I must not have hardened them enough or the right way or something, because many failed...

The Farmers Almanac has an interesting blurb on sowing them:

www.almanac.com/.../zinnias

Saving the seeds was easy and was my favorite thing to do at the end of the season:

homeguides.sfgate.com/saved-zinnia-seeds-look-like-93126...

Newer articles say keep in the fridge....but I always kept them in jars in the basement (which is cold). Something about the fridge had an ick factor to me....not sure why. Be sure to label your bottles to make planting season less confusing...unless of course you love the surprise of what will bloom!! That has its merits!!

Happy sowing!