ColoringHair Tips

Hair Dye Left Hair Greenish

I am 52 yrs old. I was born with black hair and over the years I have been using ammonia free blonde to lighten my hair in preparation for grey. There is a nice grey colour, so I was a light colour. I dyed my hair another blonde and then put the grey through it and a green tinge came out.

I have just tried ketchup. I'm wondering should I dye my hair again with the same one, the ammonia free blonde by Revlon? I still want to go silver grey. I should've gone to a hairdresser, but can't afford that. Does anyone think it would be okay to wait a week? I'll condition with extra virgin coconut oil often before re-dyeing it.

Best Answer

There is a product you can get called color oops for just this type of thing. I don't know how many times I've tried a new shade or a new brand and been disappointed in the results. Well, Color Oops allows you to undo what you did.

You put it in like shampoo let it set for 20 minutes then rinse for 20 minutes. It works by shrinking the dye molecules in your hair and simply washing them away and it is perfectly safe for your hair. It does no harm to it so you can go ahead and recolor the same day.

You can get it at Walmart, Walgreens, or CVS. It's between $12-$17 depending on which retailer you choose. Be sure to buy your hair color that you want to have the same day because it will wash all the artificial color out of your hair.

If you had never bleached or lightened your hair it would take it back to your original color, but if you have ever gotten highlights or bleached it out it will take it to that base color of orangish yellow (the color your hair is before you put the color you want in). Hope this helps.

I do this and use this product all the time I don't know how many times I've colored my hair but I've done it frequently and my hair is very healthy. Your hair will be ok to color again. My friend had the same thing happen when she tried a blonde she had not tried before and it has a greenish tint, it was an easy fix even though it looked scary. Good luck!

You can wait a week and deep-condition. If you cant afford a salon go to a beauty school. Its cheapnand the students are supervised closely.

Tinge of green.

Step 1
It is probably from oxidized mineral build up.

Step 2
Use Redken Pre Art saturate hair with it.

Step 3
Sit under a shower cap for 20 minutes.

Step 4
Sqeeze the stuff out of your hair before rinsing.

Step 5
Then shampoo and condition.

Step 6
Go to this link for more tips on protecting your hair.