Hairspray for Creased Jeans

8
Share
Pin
4
Save
Follow
Print

I recently got out an old bag of jeans I thought I would never fit into and also thought that they would be way out of style. #1. They fit. "Yeah!" And #2. The styles are all back in.

I never thought I would imagine people wearing flared bottom jeans, we called them "Bell-bottoms" Ha, ha, ha. After losing some weight to an unfortunate health problem, all these jeans fit great. I am looking like the most styling grandmother of 11 grandchildren. They think I am the coolest. It takes their minds off the fact that I am sick, which is working well for all of us.

I was ironing my jeans. Back in my day, we always had a crease in our jeans. After starting the crease, I sprayed lightly with a pump bottle of hairspray. It gave the jeans a really sharp crease and a softer touch. And those jeans never lost their look.

At least I will be going out in style. :) There are many uses for hairspray! Be creative!

They make spray starch. It is less expensive than hair spray and won't damage any fabric because that is what it is made for. Hair spray might not damage jeans but it could damage your iron over time. I recommend using products for what they are intended.

Congratulations on the weight loss but sorry to hear you are not well. I must tell you that the jeans maybe back in style but they are not wearing them ironed and definitely not creased. That is according to my 18, 20 and 22 year old grandchildren and my 40 something kids.

Aww, I was hoping this was a way to use hairspray to take the crease out of jeans! I don't understand why people iron jeans and many times when I buy mine at a thrift shop they are creased. I could probably live with the crease, but many times it is not even centered and I end up sending them back to the thrift store and wasting my money! Also it seems like hairspray would just give you a sticky mess like it does when it is supposed to be a fixative for chalk drawings!

Sorry you are sick but hope and pray for your recovery. I like the crease in my jeans also and I don't care that it's not "in". I use pant stretchers so that I don't have to iron them. But, I do like your hairspray tip.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMay 8, 2015
🐛
😎
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Hairspray-for-Creased-Jeans.html