Ham Glaze Recipes

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 4 T. honey
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 tsp. dry mustard

Directions

Mix ingredients together and baste ham several times while baking.

By Robin from Washington, IA

5 More Solutions

I made this peach glaze for the Christmas ham, and we were very pleased with how it turned out.

A holiday ham cooked with a peach glaze.

I get a thick ham steak every month, cook it up, and divvy it up for 3-4 meals. I usually have brown sugar and pineapple (my favorite), in the cupboards. Well, this time, all I had was the sugar.

This recipe is good with a turkey breast, too. Preheat grill for medium heat. Remove rind from ham and score in a diamond pattern with knife. Insert cloves into patterns.

Score ham about 1/2 in. deep with a sharp knife. Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 2-2 1/2 hours. Combine brown sugar, mustard and enough vinegar to make a thick paste.

What can you do with the honey glaze that comes with a ham? I don't like it on a ham but hate to just throw it away. There has to be a good use for it.

Ann from Climax, NC

Answers

By AuntyC (Guest Post)

I use mine in baking. Muffins, honey bread, etc. Very good.

Do u like other meats with honey glaze? I'd use it on chicken parts.

By Cathy S (Guest Post)

We added some to a meatloaf recipe and also made BBQ sauce out of a bit of it - not half bad if you like a sweet taste with meat.

I'm sure it's a blend of honey and corn syrup. That's what's in the KFC 'honey sauce' packets now. I would sweeten my tea with it. Or pour some on my oatmeal.

I once used the glaze packet in Apple Crisp since it's sugar and spices such as cinnamon.

Answer this Question
Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesNovember 11, 2012
🐛
👒
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Ham-Glaze-Recipes.html