Ham Glaze Recipes

Category Sauces
Any ham can be enhanced by a delicious sauce coating. This page contains ham glaze recipes.

I made this peach glaze for the Christmas ham, and we were very pleased with how it turned out.

• 1 cup peach jelly
  • 2 tsp. Dijon mustard with seeds
  • 2 tsp. mild molasses

Directions:

Mix the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat on medium until the jelly melts. Spoon this over the ham in the last half hour of roasting, then baste 15 minutes later, then again when you take it out of the oven.

By Free2B from North Royalton, OH

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 4 T. honey
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 tsp. dry mustard

Directions

Mix ingredients together and baste ham several times while baking.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I get a thick ham steak every month, cook it up, and divvy it up for 3-4 meals. I usually have brown sugar and pineapple (my favorite), in the cupboards. Well, this time, all I had was the sugar.

Looking in the fridge, I realized I couldn't go wrong with combining several flavors, so I did just that. The result was the best sauce I have ever put in my ham, and I will keep these ingredients in my kitchen from now on.

Equal parts:

• brown sugar
  • Dijon mustard
  • BBQ sauce
  • Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

I mixed them up in a bowl, slathered it on the ham, baked it for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees F, and Viola!

If you try this, you may never go back to anything else. Enjoy!

Servings: For a big ham steak, about 3-4
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

This recipe is good with a turkey breast, too. Preheat grill for medium heat. Remove rind from ham and score in a diamond pattern with knife. Insert cloves into patterns.

Score ham about 1/2 in. deep with a sharp knife. Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 2-2 1/2 hours. Combine brown sugar, mustard and enough vinegar to make a thick paste.

What can you do with the honey glaze that comes with a ham? I don't like it on a ham but hate to just throw it away. There has to be a good use for it.

Ann from Climax, NC

Answers

By AuntyC (Guest Post)

I use mine in baking. Muffins, honey bread, etc. Very good.

Do u like other meats with honey glaze? I'd use it on chicken parts.

By Cathy S (Guest Post)

We added some to a meatloaf recipe and also made BBQ sauce out of a bit of it - not half bad if you like a sweet taste with meat.

I'm sure it's a blend of honey and corn syrup. That's what's in the KFC 'honey sauce' packets now. I would sweeten my tea with it. Or pour some on my oatmeal.

I once used the glaze packet in Apple Crisp since it's sugar and spices such as cinnamon.

Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesNovember 11, 2012
📓
🌻
😷
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Ham-Glaze-Recipes.html