Handmade Summer Birdhouse Card
Trying creating your own handmade summer birdhouse card for the next upcoming greeting card occasion. You will find detailed instructions and photos on this page.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
May 2, 2013
Celebrate the beginning of summer with this fun card project.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 card
- provided pattern of the birdhouse
- 8.2 x 5.6 in light blue marbled cardstock
- left-over sand-colored cardstock for the bottom part of the bird house
- left-over red cardstock for the roof of the bird house
- green cardstock for the grass
- small piece of black cardstock
- Artline 210 Fineliner Pen
- Faber Castell watercolor pencils
- craft glue
- Score the 8.2 x 5.6 inch blue marbled cardstock length-wise to create a card sized 5.6 x 4.1 inches.
- With the fold at the left, use the Artline 210 Fineliner pen to draw a black vine border in the top right corner of the card.
- Trace the birdhouse onto the sand-colored and red cardstock, cut it out and glue to the front of the card.
- Draw grass onto the green cardstock, cut it out and glue the grass to the front of the card.
- Cut a small circle from the black cardstock and glue this in place on the birdhouse. This will be the "entrance" to the birdhouse.
- Use a dampened light green watercolor pencil to add leaves to the vine border, and to add some shadows to the grass.
- Then, use the Artline 210 Fineliner pen to add some detail to the leaves.
- Use a dampened red watercolor pencil to add small flowers to the grass, and dampened red and yellow watercolor pencils to add flowers to the vine border.
- Again, add some detail to the flowers with the Artline 210 Fineliner pen.
- Use dampened yellow and white watercolor pencils to add shadows to the entrance of the birdhouse.
- Use the Fineliner pen to add some detail to the birdhouse, so that it will look as if the house was made with wooden slats.
- Finish the design by adding two small butterflies with the Fineliner pen.
Photo 1: The pattern of the birdhouse.
Photo 2: Draw a black vine border in the top right corner of the card.
Photo 3: Glue the birdhouse and grass in place.
Photo 4: Add leaves to the vine border.
Photo 5: Add the flowers to the vine and grass.
Photo 6: The completed card.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.