Handmade Summer Birdhouse Card
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
May 2, 2013
Celebrate the beginning of summer with this fun card project.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 card
- provided pattern of the birdhouse
- 8.2 x 5.6 in light blue marbled cardstock
- left-over sand-colored cardstock for the bottom part of the bird house
- left-over red cardstock for the roof of the bird house
- green cardstock for the grass
- small piece of black cardstock
- Artline 210 Fineliner Pen
- Faber Castell watercolor pencils
- craft glue
- Score the 8.2 x 5.6 inch blue marbled cardstock length-wise to create a card sized 5.6 x 4.1 inches.
- With the fold at the left, use the Artline 210 Fineliner pen to draw a black vine border in the top right corner of the card.
- Trace the birdhouse onto the sand-colored and red cardstock, cut it out and glue to the front of the card.
- Draw grass onto the green cardstock, cut it out and glue the grass to the front of the card.
- Cut a small circle from the black cardstock and glue this in place on the birdhouse. This will be the "entrance" to the birdhouse.
- Use a dampened light green watercolor pencil to add leaves to the vine border, and to add some shadows to the grass.
- Then, use the Artline 210 Fineliner pen to add some detail to the leaves.
- Use a dampened red watercolor pencil to add small flowers to the grass, and dampened red and yellow watercolor pencils to add flowers to the vine border.
- Again, add some detail to the flowers with the Artline 210 Fineliner pen.
- Use dampened yellow and white watercolor pencils to add shadows to the entrance of the birdhouse.
- Use the Fineliner pen to add some detail to the birdhouse, so that it will look as if the house was made with wooden slats.
- Finish the design by adding two small butterflies with the Fineliner pen.
Photo 1: The pattern of the birdhouse.
Photo 2: Draw a black vine border in the top right corner of the card.
Photo 3: Glue the birdhouse and grass in place.
Photo 4: Add leaves to the vine border.
Photo 5: Add the flowers to the vine and grass.
Photo 6: The completed card.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.