Hanging a Shower Caddy

I love shower caddies. They are convenient and hook over the shower faucet just perfectly. Except when they don't. That was the case today when I went to hang mine. The faucet was so far forward that the caddy wouldn't stay put. Being beaned on the head with a bottle of shampoo might not be too painful, but a shower is no place to be startled, either.

So, while I was changing out the shower curtain rings to the metal ones with the little beads on them, I found myself with three of the old ones I didn't need. As you can see, they work really well. Everything is out of the way and still easy to reach.

NOTE: I have not moved my shampoo and things from the old place. So, I can't say how much weight you can put on it. If you already have a safe place for them, you could use this for kids toys, scrubbier, or bar soaps.

Hope this helps.

Ingenious! I love all of your posts!

Thanks!! I have so enjoyed this outlet for all things "Thrifty and Fun"!!

Great idea. I sit for my showers (mobility issues) and have been looking for something. So logical but ingenious.

I didn't have rings, do I used zap straps. Using 2 zap straps I attached it to the soap/facecloth as you did. My tub/shower is an older, so I needed it up higher

I am glad this idea helped. We all have to modify something in life so why not make it easier and cheaper??

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomFebruary 4, 2016
🌻
🐛
📓