Hash Recipes

Category Main Dishes
Hash is an excellent recipe for using up leftover roast or other meat. This page contains hash recipes.

This is a great recipe that I came up with one day because we didn't have a lot of money and Payday was 2 days away! My kids call it "Vomit" as a joke.

Directions:

Cook rice as directed. Cook onion and garlic and then add hamburger and cook until done; drain. In a bowl add cooked rice and soups and mix up really good. Then add the hamburger and stir it together.

We have peas on the side or mixed in. We also have a slice of buttered bread with it. It looks like vomit, but it is very good!

A lot of people will say it is like Chow Mein Hotdish, but it is minus the oven cooking time, the celery, and crunchy noodles.

Servings: 5
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time

By Trish from Wabasha, MN

Great hearty cold weather meal!

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 3 large onions, sliced
  • 1 large green pepper, chopped
  • 1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1-2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper

Directions:

1. In large skillet, cook and stir meat, onions, and green pepper until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain well.
  2. Stir in tomatoes, rice, salt, chili powder, and pepper. Heat throughly.
  3. Pour into ungreased 2 qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

Servings: 4-6
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

Saute' veggies in margarine until limp. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer until blended, about 15 minutes. The hash is better if made the day before. Freezes well.

Quick and easy to prepare, low cost, tastes great! Peel and chop potatoes, cover with water, bring to a boil and cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes until almost tender.

Mix hash, onion and egg. Prepare muffin batter; add salt and cheese. Spread half of the muffin batter in greased 8 inch pan. Spread on hash mixture; top with remaining batter.

Does anyone remember the Hamburger Helper Hash, that was really popular in the 70s and 80s? It has since been discontinued. I am looking for the clone of that recipe or a pretty good facsimile thereof. I absolutely loved that particular Hamburger Helper and would love if you could help me.

By shanya2 from Central TX

Answers

Is that the one that had little cubes of dried potatoes in it? Just last year we were someplace and I bought a couple boxes at a store (their brand, not Hamburger Helper). Sorry, I don't remember the store. Just brown and drain the ground beef, add a bag of diced hashbrowns, and some seasonings and beef gravy.

I remember that one too & I miss it! Several years ago I either wrote or called the number on the box asking about it.
The reason it is no longer available here is that there was low demand for it. That's such a pity! I look for it every time we are out of town or state.

Here's these - www.cdkitchen.com/.../Almost_Hamburger_Helper531.shtml

Hamburger Helper Seasoning Mix Recipe
(change the serving amount to how many you want)
www.cdkitchen.com/.../Hamburger_Helper_Seasoning_Mix60952...

here's the 2nd one
www.cdkitchen.com/.../Hamburger_Helper31038.shtml
www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/.../almost-hamburger-helper.htm

You can make hash yourself.
I use left over beef roast, shred or chop fine
Add grated cooked potatoes. ( You could probably use frozen hash browns)
add a large onion, chopped. If I have left over gravy, add that. Last time I just used beef broth.
Add salt & Pepper, and I say the secret ingredient is about a TBLS of worchestershire sauce.
I put this in skillet, on low to med, and cook for half hour or so. Stir occasssionally.

Hyvee has it in there hyvee brand and its delicious

Anonymous

Nothing like the Hamburger Helper that Betty Crocker had out there. I think the General Mills company made it.

Great stuff with a slice of fresh buttered bread when I lived on the farm. Ice cold glass of milk with cubes... 33F. To bad its not around any more.

Hey vee has the hash one, in Iowa though.lol. I made it tonight and it was wonderful!!

Combine leftover steak bits or other meat with sautéed potatoes, chopped onion, and garlic. Once once these ingredients are tossed and the meat is heated though crack an egg in the center and cover to finish. This recipe serves one.

fork in Steak and Egg Hash

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Use leftover corned beef, potato and onion to make this delicious hash. Served with eggs, it makes a perfect breakfast.

Corned Beef Hash and Egg Breakfast

Ingredients

• 4 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 4 medium potatoes, peeled, boiled, diced
  • leftover roast, diced
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper

Directions

In large skillet, heat oil until hot. Saute' onion. Place diced potatoes in with onion. Let cook until potatoes start to brown on medium-low heat. Add roast meat; cook until browned well. Add seasoning and serve hot.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesOctober 10, 2012
📓
😷
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Hash-Recipes.html